Genshin Impact Amber: Build, Weapon, Abilities, Skills.Amber is a Genshin Impact 4-star user of Pyro Bow. Literally, she is the first to play in the game and is usually considered weak. This is, however, a misunderstanding since all Genshin characters are powerful when they are right. In this article, we will present a complete Amber Genshin Impact guide with a profile of characters, gameplay and best builds.
Genshin Impact Amber Profile
Amber is a Favonius Knights’ Outrider. She’s happy, nice and always willing to help the Mondstadt citizens. In addition, Amber has no difficulty talking to strangers as if they’re already familiar, which is probably the reason why she first approached the player character.
Ambrose is long, dark brown, golden eyes, and the skin is fair. Her 5-star Outrider equipment is a uniform designed for maximum mobility. Amber’s most distinctive feature is its headband with its big red arch on the head, similar to a bunny’s ears.
Amber Genshin Impact Abilities
Since Amber is a freely available character, it is rather underpowered. To get it to the A-tier supports you need C4 to its full damage potential and C6. Overall, Amber is super easy to play, as it has a large range of skills and a torment to tanking. There would be no problem with new players using her.
Normal attack: Sharpshooter
- Normal Attack: Perform up to 5 consecutive shots with a bow.
- Charged Attack: Aim and charge a shot to deal more damage. Flame accumulates on the arrowhead while channeling, making a fully charged flaming arrow deals Pyro DMG.
- Plunging Attack: Fires off a storm of arrows before landing, dealing AoE DMG on impact.
Elemental Skill: Explosive Puppet
Invoke Baron Bunny, which is like Amber. Invoke the puppet. It continually taunts and explodes nearby enemies when they are exterminated or destroyed. HP is based on Amber’s Max HP from Baron Bunny.
You can hold the skill to adjust the throwing direction. The throw range increases the longer you hold the button.
Elemental Burst: Fiery Rain
Amber’s burst is fairly simple – she fires off a shower of arrows that continuously deals AoE Pyro DMG.
Amber Genshin Impact Passives
Amber’s kit is all about damages but it does not, like any other DPS character, have crazy boosts. This is probably why Amber is so small on the pre-C6 level list.
- 1st Ascension Passive: Every Arrow Finds Its Target
Increases Fiery Rain’s AoE by 30% and its CRIT Rate by 10%.
- 4th Ascension Passive: Precise Shot
Hitting weak spots with Aimed Shot increases ATK by 15% for 10s.
- Utility Passive: Gliding Champion
Decreases gliding Stamina consumption for your own party members by 20%. This does not stack with other passives that share the exact same effects.
Amber Genshin Impact Constellation
In general, amber can function as a Pyro Sub-DPS or support/elementary resonance control. However, she only gains a good buffing ability in C6.
- One Arrow to Rule Them All: Aimed Shot fires an extra arrow that deals 20% of the first arrow’s DMG.
- Bunny Triggered: You can manually detonate Baron Bunny with an Aimed Shot. The resulting explosion deals 200% additional DMG.
- It Burns!: Increases the Level of Fiery Rain by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- It’s Not Just Any Doll…: Decreases Explosive Puppet’s CD by 20% and adds 1 additional charge. This effectively doubles its damage potential.
- It’s Baron Bunny!: Increases the Level of Explosive Puppet by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Wildfire: Fiery Rain increases all party members’ Movement SPD by 15% and ATK by 15% for 10s.
Amber Genshin Impact Gameplay & Best Build
Overall, there are two builds for Amber, Weakpoint DPS build and Pyro sub/DPS + Support Build.
Amber Weakpoint DPS Build
- The best weapon for Amber DPS is Amos’ Bow. It increases Normal and Charged Attack DMG by 12% outright and another 8% for every 0.1s the arrow is in the air. Stack 5 times. Alternatively, you can use Thundering Pulse, Skyward Harp, or The Viridescent Hunt.
- Wanderer’s Troupe x4 is the best artifact set for Amber DPS. It further increases her Charged Attack DMG by 35%.
Amber Sub-DPS/Support Build
- The best weapon for Amber Support build is the Favonius Warbow. It increases all party members’ ATK by 20% for 12s every time Amber fires her Elemental Burst. On the other hand, if you need more CC or damage, you can replace the Favonius Warbow with the Sacrificial Bow or Skyward Harp.
- Noblesse Oblige 4-Piece Set is the best artifact set for this build. It gives all teammates+20% ATK for 12s after Amber’s Burst.
Diona best team
Overall, Amber is a low-level character, used only if you like her character and design. She can definitely shine with the correct investment, team comp and build, like all characters in Genshin Impact. Below are the most successful teams constructed as a Core DPS around Amber.
Premium Team: Amber + Rosaria + Mona + Bennett
- Amber’s main focus is to charge and finish combos by triggering Melt for big damage.
- Rosaria is a good Cryo support for Amber. Furthermore, she would be the field DPS while Amber build up her Burst.
- Mona’s Burst amplifies damages done to enemies, which further support amber. Her skill can also group enemies and procs Vaporize.
- Bennett is the main support that provides healing, damage boost, and battery boost to Amber.
F2P Team: Amber + Xiangling + Kaeya + Barbara
- This build works the same as the previous one, with Amber serves as a Burst DPS for Melt.
- Xiangling is the main DPS that also synergizes with amber with her Pyro resistance down and elemental resonance.
- You can combo Kaeya’s Cryo with either Xiangling or Amber for Melt. Try to use his skill as a lead-up to Amber’s Burst.
- Barbara provides healing and procs Vaporize with Xiangling.